Sunday, July 15, 2012

American Dream???

Hollywood undead is an american rap/rock band from los angeles california. The band currently consists of Charley Scene, Da Kurlzz, Danny, Funny Man, J-Dog, and Johnny 3 Tears.

"Hear Me Now" is about a desperate man who walks the streets with nothing but hopelessness. Its about the physical and mental rock bottom its basically like  wake up call. Hard life trouble and mistakes a person has made.

Although the American Dream is about prosperity, equality, and freedom. Most people don't look at the other side of it. Yes, there might be freedom but for those who look forward to a better life don't realize how hard they have to work for. Especially now a days.

I took this song in totally different view. The guy walking in the streets would be a hard working men who hit rock bottom because there are no jobs, or they are low paying ones.

This would be a wake up call.

I especially like this part: "i keep searching for something that i never seem to find. but maybe i wont, because i left it all behind. now I'm stuck with this, and that'll never change always a part of me, until the very last day." i would say that we had been searching for the american dream, we had it but not anymore and that will stick with us to the end. I chose these lines because i remember that as a junior in high school we talked about the "american dream". I personally think there is no american dream or at least not anymore. If anything people would think that the american dream is to receive welfare or something like that. Now a days are young ones can't even get educated right.

But i guess this is just me. My intent is not to criticize or to offend anyone i just want to say my opinion. Most people might disagree and others agree. I'm ok with everyone else's opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Right now I think many think of it as the American Scream because so many people are screaming out because of the challenges we all face as a nation. What happened to the DREAM? Can we reframe what used to be into what our reality is now? I think we need to it's been torn down so, let's rebuild Our Dream. Nothing is impossible only what we think is out of reach is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jazmin,

    I understand your interpretation for this song and your fear for the future. It is so understandable to fear your future and wonder if the american dream or even YOUR dreams can come true. This is a difficult time, but you really are in the right place doing all the right things you need to do to achieve your dreams. Is the "american dream"possible? I say it is, with a lot of sweat, tears, time, and determination you can achieve anything you set your mind to!(;

    ReplyDelete